Advice from a teenage survivor

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Playground Eyes


 This is a quote that really has me thinking lately. I'm actually really surprised I haven't seen it around more, because it really means a lot to me. And since I couldn't find really anything about how beautifully meaningful it is, I decided to make a tumblr-esque picture about it like most meaningful quotes have, and elaborate a little bit about why it means so much to me. ♥


So, I stumbled upon this quote when I was listening to My Chemical Romance's song S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, and as I was listening, the term "playground eyes" really caught my eye. Lately I've been kind of revisiting my childhood, revisiting memories of warmer days of innocence. And writing an essay about To Kill a Mockingbird didn't really help either - the whole book seems to be based on childhood nostalgia. So I decided that for this post I was gonna incorporate a list of little things that bring me back to my childhood and remind me of the days I've been missing for so long. So without further nonsense, here's a list of the beautiful things that remind me of my childhood:



1. Listening to a CD you used to hear as a kid

2. Seeing moments happen in slow-motion

3. Playing with your old favorite toys

4. Eating your favorite food as a kid

5. Summer

6. Hearing the flapping of a flag

7. hearing your parents call you for dinner

8. Watching the birds and the butterflies in Spring

9. Roadtrips

10. Staying up late with your friends

11. Ice cream

12. Popsicles

13. going swimming

14. finding that one toy that just made your life better

15. stargazing on summer nights

16. catching fireflies

17. BBQ's

18. Hopscotch

19. Hearing your parents sing 

20. Bubblebaths



21. Scavenger hunts

22. Finishing an amazing book 

23. Buying new clothes

24. Riding bikes

25. Hide-and-seek

26. Going to the arcade

27. Birthday Parties

28. Tire swings

29. Building "forts"

30. Watching cartoons

31. Drinking cocoa after a long cold day

32. The first snow shower of the year

33. Getting presents

34. Play-Doh

35. Baking cookies 

36. Wrapping things in newspaper

37. Making "time capsules"

38. Jumping off swings

39. Vacations to the beach

40. Your first rollercoaster



41. Making sandcastles

42. Hiding things in your yard

43. Easter egg hunts

44. Making your parents breakfast in bed

45. Chasing birds and squirrels and lizards

46. Your first time ice-skating

47. Taking pictures you'll remember forever

48. Going camping

49. Playing in the rain

50. Being free







I really hope you enjoyed my list.


Remember, when you're feeling down, just take a moment to see the world through your playground eyes.♥

~Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment