Advice from a teenage survivor

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Anthem for the Lonely

My whole life I've been kind of a rocker, but generally the stuff I listen to is classic rock, nineties rock. The good stuff, and today I had a really hard time choosing between two songs from the same artist, just going to show how incredible this band is. They've been a long time favorite of mine, and below I've arranged a top 5 list for the week, starting with the amazing...

1. Plush-Stone Temple Pilots
This song.
I could go on and on with this song. The intro, the vocals, the lyrics, my god the lyrics...
So lets's start with why I love it so dang much;
The intro is literally my ringtone right now. It's so well put together, and even though the song has so much meaning and depth to it, it's an upbeat and downright great song. This is another one of my all-time favorites. The lyrics are especially meaningful to me, because I can relate to them right now. They take a little bit of analysis if you can't relate to them immediately, but some of the most prominent and exposed lines are the first four of the song;

And I feel, that time's a wasted go
(time is always wasted, no matter what you do with it)
So where're you going to tomorrow?
(So what are you gonna do with your wasted time? There's no point in trying)
And I see that these are lies to come 

(Lies that what you do is worth something are coming) 
But would you even care? 

(referring to somebody who wronged him, asking him/her if they'd even care about what's going on)

Now me especially in the situation (or as I like to say, shituation) I've been in lately really helps me relate to this song. And of course people take lyrics in different ways and kind of morph it to fit into their specific situation, but for me this song is kind of, you could say, an anthem for the lonely. I feel it, Scott.

2. Desert Song-My Chemical Romance
....
This song leaves me speechless. Words can't even express the emotions this song strikes in me.

3. White Collar Lies-Kopek
You may not have heard of this song before, but you can listen to it here. I can assure you they aren't screamo, I don't listen to anything that hardcore. This is a political song mostly, but it's very meaningful to anybody who's lost someone dear in the military. It's just a beautiful and striking song.

4. Sleep Apnea-Chevelle
The way I see it, this is a song about somebody losing their mind from lack of sleep. But again; if it wasn't amazing, it wouldn't be on this list.♥

5. Deep End-School of Fish
This is a band that should've been popular, but in the 2000's when they came out, their lead singer died before they could become more well known. This is a great song, one that I used to listen to to get away from everything. I highly recommend checking them out, and please, at least give these songs a chance if you haven't heard them. Closed-minded people never got anywhere in life.♥

This is surprising, there isn't a single female artist on this list. These are a few select songs that have meant a lot to me lately, but generally I do listen to stuff a lot softer than these songs.
Thank you for reading! If you have any suggestions yourself of a recent favorite song, leave it in the comments.

-Evie♥


No comments:

Post a Comment